Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Streamed live on 22 Aug 2020
Looking through Twitter can be a treasure trove of inspiration and this time it comes from the occasionally drunk lawyer known as “BoozyBadger”. He recently drove through part of Ohio, saw some religious billboards, and HAD to comment on them.
We’re just gonna give it a long-form talking about tonight.
- BoozyBadger: https://twitter.com/BoozyBadger
- The Thread That Started It All: https://twitter.com/BoozyBadger/statu…
- WHILE WE’RE ON THE SUBJECT, OHIO CAN WE TALK ABOUT YOUR TERRIFYING RELIGIOUS BILLBOARDS?
- I was driving through Ohio and saw a billboard that said “YOU WILL DIE” in giant, blood red letters with “Get right with God!” below it and that’s not evangelism. That’s a THREAT.
- Then like two miles past that was another one that was just Jesus’s face and the words “HE IS WAITING” and I have to tell you it felt like he was only waiting for there to be no witnesses at that point.
- I mean, I thought growing up Southern Baptist we were hardcore put people in the Midwest seem to have skipped right past “Lamb of God” and gone to “Silence of the Lamb of God.”
- Folks, if your baptism rite starts with “IT PUTS THE WATER ON ITS SKIN OR ELSE IT SINGS A HYMN AGAIN” then you need to get the fuck out.
- If your church’s call and response is “Would you fuck me?” “I’d fuck me.” then maybe you need to convert.
- And when I drive by the three crosses some random farmer put in his field right by the highway, I’m speeding the fuck up. Farmers aren’t known for their DEOCRATIVE lawn ornaments.
- IMDB – Alice in Wonderland: An X-Rated Musical Fantasy (1976) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074113/
- YouTube – The Dirtiest Trick In Mythbusters History https://youtu.be/U0SEBFGGEcI
- “To – FEE – Fay” https://www.toffifee.com/
- Wikipedia – Elvis Hitler https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_H…
Posted in: podcast